Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Nocturnal thought puddles


Hello lovelies!

Pictured above is some sweet kite flying action, which took place during my recent trip to Maine.

I am sitting here on my bed getting ready for some shut eye and it occurred to me that it has been a while since I wrote on here. So I am going to do a brief recap of what I have been up to in the past week (in a nutshell):

- I drove (reluctantly) back from J.'s parents' home in Maine to my parents' home, which is also my current residence, in Massachusetts. It was a sorrowful departure but an intellectually stimulating car ride thanks to some interesting NPR segments on gripping topics such as: killer computers, cosmic green space clouds, and Pay-as-you-throw-away trash programs. The recent death of my cd player has proven to be a major blessing in disguise. Thank you for keeping me company NPR, I am so glad that we have become friends.

- We got a buttload of snow on Wednesday and I took a beautiful walk down the street. I was lucky enough to spend the evening with a group of dear friends from high school, the night before two ladies in the group set off on a four month long trip to Africa! Goodness I am jealous. I can only wish them the best of luck with their travels and hope that they stay healthy, safe, and have plenty of fun. I will miss you both!

- I worked Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and had a super awesome time! I can really feel myself connecting and opening up with my coworkers. I needed and appreciated, and care for there. I think that feeling comfortable, stimulated, and joyful in your working environment are key to have a good experience and doing your best at whatever it is that your job entails.

- I had a particularly interesting discussion with a coworker on Friday about dreams. I will write more in depth about my own personal experience involving dreams as well as my response to this conversation next time.

- Saturday night, after another day of work, I ended up getting really sick. Also on Saturday, I made a big decision which I will explain in more detail in another post.

- Sunday afternoon, I chatted and played music with a good friend. We are preparing for an upcoming open mic that I am really excited about. It feels good to be playing more music - maybe my seasonal music slump is coming to an end (knock on wood). Later in the evening I had a great phone conversation with an older friend from high school who is currently interning at a recording studio. She told me that she is going to be working with Natalie Merchant soon! Jealous! We had a stimulating discussion on veganism and it was, I hope, as informative for her and it was fun for me. Sometimes I forget how much I know about veganism and nutrition. It is definitely a passion of mine.

And now, it is 1:50 on Monday - (Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day Everyone!) - and I am going to hit the hay. But first:

Some activities on the agenda for tomorrow:

- Get last minute HCC endeavors squared away
- Email: hawaii dude
- Call: Ro. (check)
- Schedule appointment (check)
- Play music (practice covers for open mic on Friday, work on my songs, practice guitar, uke, and piano) (check)
- Yoga or walk
- possibly weights? (check)
- Hang out with two dear friends and do something fun (check)
- Laugh, genuinely. (check)

(Random) Quote of the day:
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Question of the day:
What are your thoughts on veganism?

Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Sarah!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog and reading! And, thanks for reaching out!! It's not weird at all. Funny--I remember going to Karma for a quick visit (and I still need to actually eat there at some point) and I remember a young woman and I guess that was you--though I'm not as good as remembering faces, haha. I would be delighted to hear about your not-great Smith experience as well as anything else. I love Noho and am down for anything, cafe/eatery wise. Well, maybe not Local Burger, haha. I'll email you in the near future when I have a minute to sort my week out. :)

    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah--I sent you an email but I haven't heard back. Maybe you haven't been near your computer or maybe I misspelled your email address, haha.

    ReplyDelete