Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

asking [friends] for help.


Picture above = some very good friends.

Hey everyone!

It just occurred to me (literally seconds ago) that I need to stop pretending that I know everything.

Until I admit to myself that I am still learning and that there is so much knowledge and wisdom that I can attain from other people I will continue to struggle. I know who I am and how to listen to what my heart is saying (I try at least) but sometimes the most profound wisdom that I encounter is found outside of myself.

I need to stop being so afraid to look outward. In order to do this I am going to have to do something that I have never been comfortable doing: asking for help.

For some reason I always thought that asking for help meant admitting defeat: if I can't do something on my own it makes me a failure who is unworthy or any attention that would be attained through reaching outward. However, it is this kind of thinking that gets me into trouble in the first place!

Reaching out does not mean I am a failure but rather that I am assertive and eager to learn from the experiences of others.

From here on out I am going to make a solid effort to keep reminding myself that sharing my daily experiences (battles, discoveries, celebrations, etc.) with other people is totally necessary if I want to keep growing as a person. I am also going to make an attempt to learn as much as I can from the experiences of other people. I tend to get stuck in a rut, thinking that that way I have been doing things is the only way. The logical part of me knows however that breaking my own rules and routines is what makes me feel most liberated, not remaining a prisoner to them.

Every day seems to teach me something valuable and I am going to try and remember that with each answer that comes my way, there is always another one waiting around the corner.

And good friends make everything better (:

Goodnight friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment